- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Family Law Tariff
Fixed fee services
In accordance with our clear pricing policy, we will send you confirmation of the cost ahead of your appointment. You will be required to pay at your appointment.
Initial advice appointment from £120 plus VAT
We take details of your matter and advise you specifically as to how the law applies and what you can expect.
Fixed Fee Divorce – prices vary dependent on level of service.
We can offer fixed fee divorce costs to enable you to pay an agreed amount for your divorce. Within the fixed fee structure we will fix the price of each stage of your divorce so that you can be certain about the cost. Please ask for further details.
Help with Mediation (Financial matters) from £195.00 plus VAT
If you attend mediation to try to resolve finances, but reach the stage where the finances have been identified but you do not know where you should settle, we will see you for one hour to look at your finances based on the information before us and then we will advise you where we believe your settlement could be. If you do not have all of the information needed to negotiate a fair settlement, we will tell you what you need. Any further costs would be confirmed to you at your meeting. You can return to mediation with an idea of what you need or what are entitled to.
Court Order (Financial matters) from £500 plus VAT
If you return to mediation and reach a settlement, you can come back to us and for a fixed fee, we will embody the terms of your agreement in a binding consent order based on the information before us, draft all supporting documentation, take you through the documents, file them at Court when ready and let you have the approved version.
** All fees are plus any Court fees or other disbursements that may occur but we will tell you in advance.
Does your matter not fit into any of the above? See our hourly rates for how we may charge.
If our fixed fee services are not applicable, here's how we charge:-
1) Our hourly rates are between £150.00 per hour and £250.00 per hour (plus VAT) depending on the seniority of our lawyer.
2) We break down our time spent to units, 1 unit being 6 minutes, there being 10 units in an hour. That means, if we spend 10 minutes on your file, that is 2 units. If we spend 30 minutes in your file, that is 5 units.
A unit for our hourly rates are as follows:-
£120.00 1 unit £12.00
£150.00 1 unit £15.00
£170.00 1 unit £17.00
£195.00 1 unit £19.50
£200.00 1 unit £20.00
£215.00 1 unit £21.50
£220.00 1 unit £22.00
£250.00 1 unit £25.00
3) We are required by our professional rules to give you a fees estimate at the start of your matter and keep this up to date so you do not have any surprises.
Transparent fees, cost estimates in advance, and no nasty surprises. Obtaining legal advice can be a real worry for many people. We will tell you how much you can expect our work to cost before you agree to go ahead. This means no nasty surprise bills - guaranteed.
We are clear and straightforward about our fees because we know how you dislike surprises on your legal bill. You are in control of your legal costs not us.
When there’s a fight to be had the team did not back away, however, when there was a deal to be done the team did it.
Experiencing family issues? For quality advice that takes everyone’s best interests into consideration and focuses on long term good relations, contact HCB Solicitors.