- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
HCB Solicitors are able to provide advice and representation at court in relation to the full range of road traffic offences.
Most matters are dealt with in the magistrates court and our fees for court attendance will depend on the type of hearing. The cost is related to the individual circumstances of the matter. If your case is uncontested where a guilty plea, with no argument in relation to disqualification, the costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there is a contested hearing costs will be at the higher end.
We have listed the following guideline figures for your reference;
If you have not yet entered a plea or have not received a court date and would like to speak to us about your case.
- 30 minute initial consultation: £75 plus VAT
Guilty plea hearings
If you face a road traffic offence to which you plead guilty the court may sentence you on the first date of hearing.
In these circumstances:
- Guilty plea (case concluded at first hearing): £500 plus VAT
- Guilty plea (case adjourned for pre-sentence report): £600 plus VAT
Disqualification from Driving
Some offences carry a mandatory disqualification such as drink driving, or discretionary disqualification but with mandatory penalty points like speeding or using a vehicle without insurance. In those cases you might, in limited circumstances, be able to argue that there are special reasons why you should not be disqualified or you should not receive the penalty points.
The other type of case where disqualification is an issue is where you accumulate 12 penalty points or more in a 3 year period. This would normally result in disqualification for at least 6 months. However, you might be able to argue that disqualification would result in exceptional hardship, not just to you but also to your employer, work colleagues or employees, or family members.
- Special reasons hearing: £750 plus VAT
- Exceptional hardship hearing: £750 plus VAT
If you plead not guilty to a road traffic offence your case will be adjourned for trial. This means that there will be a hearing where evidence is called and the court will decide whether you are guilty or not guilty. We can help you with your trial preparation and representation in court. Our fee for representation will depend on the length of the trial and the nature of the offence:
- 1 day trial: £1000-£1500 plus VAT
- If the trial extends beyond 1 day: an additional £500 plus VAT per day
In every case we will:
- Consider the evidence
- Take your instructions
- Provide advice regarding the likely outcome, including sentence
- Attend and provide representation at the magistrates court
There will be costs additional to the fees quoted above if we are required to:
- Instruct experts
- Instruct counsel (ie a barrister)
- Take statements from any witnesses
- Advise or assist in relation to any matter heard in the crown court, including appeals
- Incur travel costs such as mileage, parking and train fares
In the first instance either complete the form below, call 0333 200 0557, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.