- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Paralegal - Education Law - Cardiff
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Paralegal to join our busy Education Law Department based at our Cardiff Office at Cardiff Gate Business Park.
The successful candidate will be a law graduate, with at least a 2:1 qualification together with a strong academic background. It is desirable that you will have previous experience of working within a law firm. Excellent communication and proven organisational skills are essential, as is your ability to work within a team. There is opportunity for training to be provided in Education Law but candidates are expected to evidence a thorough understanding of Public Law principles.
This opportunity would provide an excellent steppingstone for a self-motivated, hardworking individual looking to pursue a career in the legal profession, with a leading Education Law Team.
- The work is extremely varied and candidates will be required to evidence that they can work on their own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- You will have strong communication skills.
- A methodical approach to planning and organising your tasks to ensure they are carried out in a timely manner and to an accurate and high standard.
- Time management is key.
- You will need to work independently and efficiently, whilst also working as part of a busy team.
- To be able to work under pressure.
- Confidence in dealing with clients in a caring and professional manner both on the telephone and in person, is essential.
- Prioritising tasks/duties within expected given case deadlines.
- You will have strong drafting skills and an ability to understand complex points of law
- You will have a desire to develop your advocacy skills
- IT literate with good typing skills and the ability to use; Outlook/ Microsoft Excel/ *Case Management System.
Experience using a Case Management System is preferable, but not essential as training will be provided.
Driving Licence/own car is essential due to commuting to our office based at Cardiff Gate Business Park.
Key tasks include:
- Assisting with the general day to day running of files in accordance with firm’s quality standards, Lexcel compliance, and regulatory rules.
- Emailing and corresponding with various parties on cases including clients, schools, experts, local authorities and the Tribunal/ Court Service.
- Drafting, preparing and filing of Tribunal/ Court documentation by email.
- Scheduling telephone calls/meetings.
- Ability to organise and process Tribunal/ Court bundles.
- File and diary management.
- Ensure client information and documentation are saved and maintained on the firm’s Case Management System.
- Ability to liaise with other departments and offices across HCB Network.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the client and firm’s information and documentation at all times.
- Other duties such as some administrative duties as required to ensure the efficient running of the office.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:15 and this is an office based position. Requests for flexible hours will be considered.
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Bonus Holiday Scheme (up to 12 additional days leave a year)
Competitive Salary and dependent on experience.
To apply for the position, please send your CV to Ed Duff - firstname.lastname@example.org