HCB Solicitors are recruiting for a legal assistant to join the Family Law teambased at our office in Warrington.
To be successful you will have a strong secretarial and administration background. Experience in Legal Aid and family law is preferred but not essential as training will be provided. You will be well organised and be able to work independently to ensure that tasks are completed on time and to a high standard. Confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner, both on the telephone and in person, is essential.
Key tasks include:
1. Maintain Fee Earner’s diary arranging meetings and appointments.
2. Deal with routine client correspondence and queries.
3. Opening and closing of files.
4. Attend to clients both in person and on the telephone in a manner in keeping with the firm’s standard of client care.
5. Create and maintain client records on the firm’s database ensuring that all correspondence and file notes are recorded on the system, in accordance with HCB and Lexcel’s requirements.
6. Produce accurate client correspondence and enclosures for mailing including client bills.
7. Ensure the confidentiality of the client and firm’s information and documentation at all times.
8. Maintain client hard copy files including copying, storage and retrieval of information.
9. Request payments and record receipts of client monies.
Hours: Mon – Fri 09.00 – 17.15
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Salary: Dependent on experience