- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Debt Recovery For Corporate Clients
Our aim is to provide a proactive debt recovery service and to maximise the prospect of a successful recovery.
These costs apply where;
- a company is seeking to recover costs from either another business or from an individual
- your claim does not exceed £100,000
- is in relation to an unpaid debt which is not disputed
- enforcement action is not needed
If the other party disputes your claim at any point we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Stage 1 – Letter of Claim
- Business to Business or Individual to Business Debt
- Seeking payment of the principal debt only.
- 7 day Letter of Claim - £50.00 plus VAT
- Business to business debt
- Seeking payment of the principal debt, plus late payment interest, compensation costs and reasonable recovery costs.
- 7 day Letter of Claim - £75.00, plus compensation costs recovered, plus VAT
- Debt owed by an individual to a business
- Seeking payment of a debt due to a business by an individual including a sole trader.
- 30 day Letter of Claim - £120.00, plus compensation costs recovered, plus VAT
Our fees at Stage 1 include -
- Includes taking instructions,
- reviewing supporting documents provided by you at the outset,
- advising on course of action,
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- calculating monies recoverable (option 2 and 3 only)
- Sending a letter of claim
- preparation and sending letter of claim by first class post to a UK address.
- Informing you of any response within 10 days
Our Fees will include Compensations costs recovered and commission. These are £40.00, £70.00 or £100.00 depending on the value of the invoice.
Commission of 5% based on the amount successfully recovered.
Stage 2 – Court issue/ Default Judgement
With 85% of our cases, we find the initial letter of claim is enough to prompt a debtor to pay. However in the other 15%, further action may be required. The next stage is to apply to the court for default judgement.
- Preparation and issue of court action - £150.00 plus VAT
- Preparation and application for default judgment - £50.00 plus VAT
Our fees at Stage 2 include -
- Applying to the Court to enter Judgement in default, where there has been no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence received.
Time scales – Stages 1 & 2
Matters usually take 3-6 weeks from receipt of your instructions to receipt of payment from the debtor depending on, which option at Stage 1 is applicable and whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim (Stage 2).
- The VAT element of our fee is not recoverable from your debtor.
- Interest, compensation and reasonable costs may take the debt into a higher banding the court fees
If default judgement is unsuccessful, we will advise you of the next stages to proceed with recovering the debt. This can vary from case to case and so we have listed below any fees which may be applicable. We will advise you according to your individual case, which of these are applicable to your matter and also advise of any disbursement which may be payable at each stage.
- Application to High Court Enforcement Officer for transfer and enforcement by Writ of Control - £155.00 plus VAT
- Fee for negotiating settlement by instalments, monitoring instalments due and received and if necessary chasing instalments. Including all incoming/outgoing communications. - £500.00 plus VAT
- Fee for sourcing, engaging and instructing a Trace agent and reporting to you with the findings - £80.00 plus VAT
- Fee for obtaining Office Copy Entry from the Land Registry - £25.00 plus VAT
- Fees charged on an hourly rate for face to face Meetings, attendance at Court - £195.00 plus VAT per hour
- Fee for additional communication (not covered above) - £15.00 plus VAT
- Preparation and arranging personal service of a Statutory Demand - £500.00 plus VAT