- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Solicitor - Education Law
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hardworking and reliable Solicitor to join our busy Education Law Department based at our Cardiff Office at Cardiff Gate Business Park.
The successful candidate will be NQ – 4 years PQE, with an interest in Education Law. Excellent communication and proven organisational skills are essential, as is your ability to work within a team. It is desirable that you will have previous experience of Education Law but applicants without experience will be considered as full training can be provided.
This opportunity would provide an excellent steppingstone for a newly qualified Solicitor, or someone wishing to change practice areas, and looking to continue their career in a leading Education Law Team.
- The work is extremely varied and candidates will be required to evidence that they can work on their own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- You will have strong communication skills.
- A methodical approach to planning and organising your tasks to ensure they are carried out in a timely manner and to an accurate and high standard.
- Time management is key.
- You will need to work independently and efficiently, whilst also working as part of a busy team.
- To be able to work under pressure.
- Confidence in dealing with clients in a caring and professional manner both on the telephone and in person, is essential.
- Prioritising tasks/duties within expected given case deadlines.
- You will have strong drafting skills and an ability to understand complex points of law
- You will have a desire to develop your advocacy skills
- IT literate with good typing skills and the ability to use; Outlook/ Microsoft Excel/ *Case Management System.
Driving Licence/own car may be required due to commuting to our office based at Cardiff Gate Business Park.
- To be aware of and adhere to the standard of behaviour and professional etiquette expected by the Law Society.
- To be aware of and comply with the Firm’s policies and procedures including training requirements.
- Ensure the day-to-day running of files in accordance with firm’s quality standards, Lexcel compliance, and regulatory rules, whilst exercising a high level of competence, skill, care and management.
- To promote the Firm and the department to clients and potential clients and to persons and organisations which may be able to assist in the growth and development of the Firm.
- To comply with all performance standards including meeting targets, and work practices outlined in this job description, the business plan, minutes of department meetings and as requested from time to time.
- To behave in a polite, courteous and friendly manner to all clients and other members of the public, and maintain good working relations with all members of staff.
- To travel and attend out of office appointments where necessary.
- To undertake work in any area of Education Law, taken on by the Firm, with a particular focus on SEN cases, covering both cases within and outside of the First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability). Work may also include and is not limited to admission appeals, school exclusions, school complaints, home to school transport and university disputes.
- You will be required to liaise with various parties on cases including clients, schools, experts, local authorities and the Tribunal/ Court Service.
- You will be required to undertake advocacy, and training can be provided regarding advocacy in Education Law cases if needed.
- As part of the general day-to-day running of cases drafting of documents will be necessary, and therefore excellent drafting skills are required. You will also need to have excellent file and diary management skills to ensure compliance to all Tribunal deadlines and limitation dates.
- You will ensure client information and documentation are saved and maintained on the firm’s Case Management System.
- Ability to liaise with other departments and offices across HCB Network.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the client and firm’s information and documentation at all times.
- Office Hours: Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:15 and this is an office based position. Requests for flexible hours will be considered
- Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Bonus Holiday Scheme (up to 12 additional days leave a year)
- Competitive Salary and dependent on experience
To apply for the position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com