- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Legal Assistant - Family Law - Walkden
THIS VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED. TO SUBMIT A SPECULATIVE APPLICATION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND A COVERING NOTE TO JAMES PARADEDA - firstname.lastname@example.org
HCB Solicitors are recruiting for a legal assistant to join the Family Law team based at our office in Walkden.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Family Law Assistant / Family Paralegal looking for personal and career development which will enable you to build on your experience in a progressive practice.
To be successful you will have a strong secretarial and administration background. Experience in Legal Aid and Family Law is preferred but not essential as training will be provided. You must be well organised and be able to work independently to ensure that tasks are completed on time and to a high standard. Confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner, both on the telephone and in person, is essential.
Key tasks include:
- Maintain Fee Earner’s diary arranging meetings and appointments.
- Deal with routine client correspondence and queries
- Opening and closing of files
- Use of the Legal Aid Agency’s CCMS portal
- Attend to clients both in person and on the telephone in a manner in keeping with the firm’s standard of client care.
- Create and maintain client records on the firm’s database ensuring that all correspondence and file notes are recorded on the system, in accordance with HCB and Lexcel’s requirements.
- Produce accurate client correspondence from digital dictation and ensure enclosures for mailing including client bills.
- To draft, transcribe, word-process, type, and prepare documents as required including forms, standard documents, briefs and prepare same for issue as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of Court Bundles, both physical and electronic format.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the client and firm’s information and documentation at all times.
- Maintain client hard copy files including copying, storage and retrieval of information.
- Request payments and record receipts of client monies.
- Liaise with professionals ie Courts, other lawyers, barristers, experts on a day to day basis
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Excellent IT skills
- Operation of a Law firm (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of Legal Aid (preferred but not essential)
- Great communication skills and an ability to work well with others
- Ability to work under time constraints and prioritise work load
- Able to handle sensitive matters discreetly
- Good organisation skills with a methodical approach
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Deliver excellent service to clients and colleagues
Hours: Mon – Fri - 09.00 – 17.15
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV and a covering note to email@example.com