- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Areas of expertise: Education Law
Robert is a Trainee Solicitor in our Education Law department who specialises in education litigation matters in England and Wales. He helps clients resolve a range of disputes with education providers, including but not limited to:
- School Admissions appeals
- School complaints
- Exclusion appeals
- Exam malpractice
- Private school fee disputes
- University Complaints
- Academic Misconduct Appeals
- Plagiarism appeals
- University Fitness to Practise appeals
- Degree Classification Appeals
- Disciplinary Appeals (non-academic misconduct)
- Disputes/appeals with PhD
- Complaints to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIA)
- Breach of contract claims
- Advice on disability discrimination
Robert is passionate and knowledgeable about education law, and is able to provide support for students and parents looking to address whatever issue they are facing.
The impact that a child’s school can have on their education cannot be understated. The right school, the right teacher and the right environment can make all the difference in allowing your child to thrive and flourish in their education.
Robert has lots of experience with admissions appeals and has been successful in helping parents in a variety of circumstances get their child into their preferred school. Whether you would just like advice as to whether you could be successful in your appeal or you would like someone to represent you at the hearing, he is confident that he can get you the best possible outcome.
Your time in university should hopefully be a rewarding and fulfilling experience which lets you develop the skills you need for later in life. However, there are many examples of things that can go wrong. You could face issues with the faculty, the course content or even from other students. As a fee-paying student you deserve the best service and more importantly the service that you are being charged for.
Each university is different, which means that no one problem that a student faces is the same. A range of services are available for our university students, to make sure that you can get the help you need at a price you can afford.
A permanent exclusion can have a life-altering impact on a child’s future. In some cases, the School has no other choice but to permanently exclude a child. However, the School needs to make sure that they take every possible step before this, so that permanent exclusion is only used as a last resort.
If your child has been permanently excluded from their school, then Robert can help you with challenging the School’s decision. This could be by contacting the School on your behalf, representing your child at the Board of Governors meeting and the Independent Review Panel or making a complaint to the Department of Education.
“We are really pleased with the support we received from Robert Slade and we would never of been able to be successful without him. Very professional and well spoken. Its been a game changer for our family”
“I utilised the services of Mr Robert Slade regarding a school appeal panel representation. He was able to explain the process, put me at ease and represent me during a successful school appeal. I would highly recommend his services. He was able to state the requisite points the panel needed to know. Using HCB is sensible as it was the first time I was talking to a panel while for HCB it is daily work.”
“I would highly recommend Robert Slade for issues pertaining to PhDs. After months of feeling like I was banging my head against a wall, he was incredibly reassuring, providing clear and honest advice that helped me resolve the problems to my satisfaction. Even the university commented on the thoroughness of the way he approached the complaint!”