- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Areas of Expertise – Education Law and Litigation
- University Complaints
- University Appeals
- OIA Complaints
- Discrimination claims
- School Exclusions
- School Admissions
- Continuing Healthcare (CHC) disputes
- Safeguarding cases
- General Litigation
Education and Qualifications
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2016
- Legal Practice Course, Cardiff University
- Master’s Degree in Law, University of South Wales
- Degree in Law, University of South Wales
Background and Experience
Rhys assists University Students who have been treated poorly and advises students regarding complaints/appeals either through the university’s internal procedures or to the OIA. Rhys is also able to assist students who have been bullied/discriminated at school.
Rhys also advises and assists parents with exclusions and admissions appeals. Rhys is also able to assist with adult/child safeguarding cases against schools/local authorities.
Rhys also has a background in working for the NHS handling CHC cases. Rhys is able to advise on whether the decision by the NHS Trust/CCG is correct and challenge any incorrect decisions made.
Rhys has a vast amount of experience dealing with pre-litigated and litigated civil claims since 2013. Rhys has experience in a variety of civil matters such as Personal Injury, Medical Negligence and Industrial Disease Law. This experience has allowed Rhys to assess the potential merits of a civil case before it is issued with the Court.
Rhys has the benefit of Claimant and Defendant experience which provides him a unique insight in dealing with civil claims. Rhys also has experience in attending and representing client at County Courts for various types of hearings.
- January 2019
Rhys joined in January 2019 as part of the Education and Litigation department mainly dealing with University disputes, admission appeals, exclusions and civil claims against schools/universities.
Rhys understands the importance of the needs of his clients and the need to explain advice in a clear and concise manner.
Rhys is focused on positive outcomes for his client and also knows when it is appropriate to issue a claim with the Court.
• Solicitor – BC Legal
• Solicitor – NewLaw Solicitors
• Paralegal & Trainee Solicitor – NHS Wales
“Very good agency, I had a problem with my university and the solicitor Rhys Palmer helped my through the all process very seriously and pragmatically.”
PT – ★★★★★
“We would like to thank Rhys Palmer for his help and advice regarding our granddaughter’s exclusion from school. We can certainly recommend him. We won the IRP appeal thanks to his written documentation.”
NT – ★★★★★
“Rhys was a great help with the significant discrimination issue we had with our son's school and his advice led us to resolve the issue without recourse to a Tribunal. Would be happy to recommend.”
SW – ★★★★★
“I would like to mention how professional and extremely efficient and effective Mr Rhys Palmer was in my case. He is very professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him. Thank you, once again for all your support.”
RM – ★★★★★
“Very efficient prompt service received. Amazed at speed in which my case was picked up, the knowledge and expertise of my Solicitor Mr Rhys Palmer, which an ordinary parent like me did not know and therefore would not address which made the difference to the successful outcome. I know I would not have achieved the outcome without HCB and in particular, Mr Rhys Palmer. When they (HCB Solicitors) say they stand with you the mean it! I will advise anyone facing an educational board, to seek their help (It is not a meeting for the faint hearted). This company, is now my company of choice should I be needing a Solicitor. Solicitor Rhys Palmer, is a hardworking, honest gentlemen.”