- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Birmingham, New St. Office +44 (0)121 270 5666
- Birmingham, Newhall St. Office +44 (0)121 703 2606
- Bristol Office +44 (0)1454 275 190
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)29 2240 8700
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Gatwick Office +44 (0)1293 602890
- Harrow Office +44 (0)20 8907 4366
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)1892 553090
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Areas of Expertise - Litigation
- Commercial and Contractual Disputes
- Franchise Disputes
- Director/ Shareholder Disputes
- Breach of Warranty Claims
- Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Financial Services Claims
- Professional Negligence
- Tortious Liability Claims
“Committed to providing clients with effective legal solutions, tailor made to individual business needs.”
Melissa is committed to providing clients with effective legal solutions, tailor made to their individual business needs. She prides herself on her ability to maintain and build relationships, ensuring clients receive the highest level of service. By way of recognition for her dedication, she was nominated as Solicitor of the Year in 2012.
Melissa has extensive experience in commercial dispute resolution and is well regarded by local and regional businesses for her approach to resolving issues using the most appropriate means for the individual circumstances. She deals with all types of disputes and claims, providing tenacious representation for both defendants and claimants. Her particular expertise involves disputes arising between shareholders and directors.
In addition Melissa also has experience in advising clients regarding claims involving professional negligence as well as various tortious claims, including defamation, civil fraud and economic torts such as conspiracy.
Case studies and Experience:
- Successfully pursued and defended various claims against and on behalf of companies, Architects, builders as well as surveyors for damages arising from breach of contract.
- Successfully defended a claim for damages pursed against a builder for poor workmanship arising from building works undertaken.
- Successfully pursued a multimillion pound professional negligence claim against a large solicitor practice arising from negligent advice.
- Resolved a dispute between two directors and shareholders of a company, which had resulted in deadlock preventing the company from continuing to trade effectively.
- Successfully pursued a claim on behalf of a company against a fellow director and competitor for loss suffered as a result of the director’s unlawful diversion of business opportunities to the competitor.
- Obtained substantial damages on behalf of a company where a director had fraudulently diverted cash from the company.
- Successfully pursued an IFA through the Ombudsman and the High Court in London arising in a significant award of damages on behalf of the client.
A great legal brain.” “If there’s a fight to be had she won’t back away but if there’s a deal to be done she’ll get it done.
Melissa demonstrated highly detailed knowledge of the issues we faced, and showed strong negotiating skills. She was at all times confident and professional, and realistic with her advice, both from a case and a client perspective.
Melissa always helps us out when we have legal queries and we have the utmost confidence in her capabilities. Legal matters can be sensitive and we particularly appreciate how down to earth and personable Melissa is. I feel like I can send her to any of my clients from the smallest sole traders to the largest multi million pound companies and be confident that my client is in good hands with someone they can talk to. We also find that HCB provide us with a great service at a reasonable cost. We trust Melissa and HCB