- Alcester Office +44 (0)1789 765522
- Bedford Office +44 (0)1234 400000
- Cardiff Office +44 (0)2920 291 704
- Evesham Office +44 (0)1386 425300
- Hindley Office +44 (0)1942 257930
- Leicester Office +44 (0)116 255 9911
- Leigh Office +44 (0)1942 673311
- Lichfield Office +44 (0)1543 414426
- London Office +44 (0)20 7293 0998
- Luton Office +44 (0)1582 720175
- Northampton Office +44 (0)1604 233 200
- Redditch Office +44 (0)1527 406363
- Solihull Office +44 (0)121 705 2255
- Stopsley Office +44 (0)1582 453 366
- Stratford-upon-Avon Office +44 (0)1789 270 452
- Sutton Coldfield Office +44 (0)121 355 6118
- Tunbridge Wells Office +44 (0)844 556 3525
- Walkden Office +44 (0)161 790 1411
- Walsall Office +44 (0)1922 720000
- Walsall Office - Crime Dept +44 (0)1922 647 797
- Warrington Office +44 (0)1925 632267
- Westhoughton Office +44 (0)1942 816515
- Whitefield Office +44 (0)161 796 7920
- Wigan Office +44 (0)1942 244294
Employment Health Checks
Employment law is complex and changes are difficult to keep up with, so how can you be sure that every decision you make and action you take as an employer is in line with current legislation and won’t land you in costly trouble?
The HCB employment law health checks have been designed specifically with this in mind. They will ensure that you are not only legally compliant and steering clear of trouble, but also that your organisation is working to maximum efficiency and getting the most out of your employees.
Our employment law experts advise organisations of all sizes throughout the region and our extensive experience allows us to quickly identify where there are weak points and where practices and procedures can be tweaked and enhanced to make a significant difference to the performance of the business.
Ensuring Employment Contracts Reflect Specific Roles
By law, all employees, regardless of the number of hours they work or the position they hold, are entitled to a written contract of employment once they have been employed for more than one month.
Contracts need to contain certain standard clauses in order to be legal and this is one of the things our employment health check will highlight. But more importantly, contracts must be written to reflect the specific circumstances of the business, and the position of the employee.
Examining your Risk
Certain roles, particularly those carried out by key personnel, may carry a higher level of risk. They may call for strategically worded restrictive covenants to protect you if an employee leaves taking with them sensitive information about your business. It may be that the position involves creating intellectual property, in which case you will need to ensure all rights are assigned to you.
You may wish to ban an employee from taking a second job, or it may be necessary to set down rules as to the use of protective clothing or equipment in order to comply with health and safety legislation.
At HCB Solicitors our ethos is to get to know your business inside out so that we can ensure your contracts of employment, policies and procedures cover your specific risks and fall in line with your commercial goals. Far from an off-shelf overview, the HCB employment health check involves a full, in-depth review with all of this in mind.
We are renowned across the region for our employer training services. There is no better feeling than knowing you are prepared to deal with all employee related issues as they arise, in a way that is legally compliant, and works in the best interests of your business and the morale of your staff.
At HCB Solicitors, our aim is to reduce your risk and keep you out of costly and damaging employee disputes and tribunals. Our employer training courses are fully tailored to suit your organisation and will typically cover:
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Equal opportunities and discrimination
- Family rights and flexible working
- Absence management
- Avoiding unfair dismissal claims
- Keeping out of employment tribunals
- Employee benefits and motivation
- Inductions, appraisals and training
Book a Personally Tailored Employment Health Check
Taking precautionary measures to understand your obligations as an employer is very wise. It is best to be prepared rather than face costly and potentially damaging issues later on.
The dedicated employment law specialists at HCB Solicitors will ensure you are prepared, and in doing so reduce the time you need to spend dealing with employee related issues.
Find out how your business currently stands with regard to existing employment law compliance with a personally tailored HCB employment health check. Contact us today.
Recognised as a specialist employment team. Good, responsive, and the team keep an eye on what the client wants to achieve though a pragmatic approach.
For shoulder-to-shoulder support in all employment law matters and an on-going advisory service that is there when you need it, contact HCB Solicitors for a discussion about your specific needs.